Shasta County Veteran’s Affiliated Council
Welcome to the
SCVAC, an incorporated county-sponsored, non-profit organization, consists of delegate members, representing various veteran service organizations throughout Shasta County. SCVAC was established to serve as an umbrella organization through which Shasta County veteran service organizations might best coordinate efforts in serving area veterans and their families.
SCVAC actively supports numerous programs directly benefiting veterans and their families, including management of legislative affairs, presentation of awards and recognition, and sponsorship of special celebrations honoring America’s veterans.
SCVAC goals include, but are not limited to:
- Advancing veteran legislative interests at city, county, state and federal levels.
- Supporting the United States Constitution
- Encouraging public understanding of the fundamental principles of good government at all levels in accordance with city, county, state and federal laws.
- Promoting respect for the flag of the United States of America.
- Enhancing and protecting the rights of all veterans.
- Sponsoring patriotic community events and activities.
- Memorializing the service and sacrifice of all Americans who have honorably served in the Armed Forces of America.
Note From The President
Regularly scheduled quarterly SCVAC meetings are held at the Shasta County Veteran’s Hall located at 1605 Yuba Street in Redding, California. Please check the official SCVAC calendar at this website for specific dates, times and locations of veteran meetings held within the county.
Thank you for visiting the SCVAC website. I hope you will find it a useful resource.
On behalf of the Council, I welcome you to Shasta County where the spirit of ‘Veterans Helping Veterans’ is alive and well.